reXorce Thermionics, Inc.
|Executive Summary:||reXorce is privately-held headquartered in Ohio and was founded to pursue profit with a purpose, by providing innovative, efficient solutions to global energy challenges. It is developing the Thermafficient system, a modified absorption heat pump that concurrently produces power, cooling and heating. The system utilizes a proprietary binary fluid system that allows for smaller, more efficient systems that can operate under conditions both suitable and unsuitable for a steam cycle.
• Near term goal: Create a thermal engine that efficiently recovers waste heat from a wide range of low and high quality thermal sources and converts this into usable energy.
• Long term goal: Evolve Thermafficient™ into a platform technology that changes the way energy is sourced, produced, distributed and consumed.
reXorce will initially sell ThermafficientTM demonstration modules for greenfield and brownfield opportunities. The system is a standard retrofit to existing plants. Expected performance by application includes:
(1) low-temperature geothermal applications with greater than 25% efficiency improvements
(2) solar thermal as a source of power, projecting up to 300% efficiency gains versus solar photovoltaic
(3) internal combustion engine alternative with thermodynamic efficiency projected at greater than 70%
(4) consumer appliances from HVAC to refrigeration and hybrid HVAC having increased efficiencies.|